1. Investigate some of the following resources
- Australia Series. Read about the Australia series here.
- TED Talks. Here is a list of recommended TED Talks for teachers.
- FUSE professional learning links
- The State Library of Victoria’s Programs and Events
- TL Virtual Cafe. Read about the TL Virtual Cafe here.
2. Select one or two Australia Series, TL Virtual Cafe and/or TED sessions and ‘attend’ them this week. As learners, we are observers first. Once we feel more comfortable, we then participate and/or contribute.
3. Write a blog post about the sessions. Have you ‘attended’ any of these professional learning activities before? What did the session/s focus on?
4. How can these tools contribute to your PLN?
5. How could you use these tools to enhance teaching and learning? Can you provide examples of how they could be used?
6. Elluminate session on Professional Learning on Thursday 12th August featuring Anne Mirtschin. The link will be available in the Ning.
7. Investigate some or all of the following tools:
- #edchat and #tlchat. Shelly Terrell explains what Edchat is all about and Joyce Valenza shares her ideas on #tlchat.
- Elluminate webinars. Steve Hargadon’s website lists free and live webinars for educators (beware that many, but not all events are in US time zones, however you may find something that suits). These are excellent.
- Edtechcrew podcasts sessions that focus on using technology in education. These guys are Victorian, so most of the sessions will be relevant to the VicPLN group. You can subscribe to podcasts via your iTunes account (if you have one).
8. Are any of these of use to developing your PLN or enhancing teaching and learning? Were you surprised by the offerings of any of these sites? Can you explain your answer? Please rank your top ‘professional learning’ tool that you have experienced this week?
9. Read about the Professional Learning resources available from the State Library of Victoria. Which resources could you or your colleagues make use of?